Test HEAD CODE

Skip's Ceviche Recipe | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » PUBLIC » Favorite Seals Recipes
W Webster
W Webster Feb 25 '16
BY SKIP LONG:
Seals, Several of you have ask for my recipe for fish ceviche.  First, let me give the credit for this recipe to Oscar Menendez who introduced it to me.  I have made some personal changes but it is Oscar's.  This is a great way of re-cyling those shorts that sometime jump into our boats.The night before you go diving put the following ingredients into a 1 gal. Ziploc bag and refrigerate until morning.
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped, remove seeds first
2 tablespoons of white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of oregano
The morning of the dive, take to the boat, the bag of ingredients with a 32 oz bottle of Lemon juice (I use "ReaLemon"in juice section at Pubix). Also take Tostitos Chip Scoops and a bottle of Tabasco sauce.  When that short grouper, hogfish or trigger fish jumps into the boat, clean and cut into 1/2 to 3/4 inch chunks. Put 1 to 2 lbs of chunks into your Ziploc bag, mix and add lemon juice, enough to cover fish. Put on ice for at least two hours.  The lemon juice will "cook" the fish. After it is "cook" (fish turns white), pour off most of the lemon juice (just leave it moist).  Put a spoon full on a Tostitos chip Scoop and a dash of Tabasco sauce. Eat on the way in with a cold beer. Man, that is good stuff. Enjoy guys, don't waste those shorts.  Skip--C. H. (Skip) Long
The Forum post is edited by W Webster Feb 25 '16
Share: